Wednesday, January 3, 2018

What's been happening?

I was working Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night at work. I received holiday pay for Sunday night and part of Monday's shift. Holiday pay is an additional 13 percent of your base rate. My new employer has different requirements for holidays than I am used to at my former place of employment. I worked Thanksgiving and was off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I also worked New Year's Eve and Day on night shift.

I am not used to having holidays off. At my former employer we were always so short staffed that we were either working the night before or the night after every holiday.

New Years Eve my husband and kids went to their cousins for a party. I was at work and there was party snack foods which I am sure that my kids loved. New Year's Day we went back over for dinner before I had to go to work.

They made a pork roast with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes with gravy, some veggies, and left over party foods for the kids. The dinner was really nice and I was able to have a second plate to take to work for my lunch. I appreciated them for working around my schedule.

I made the scalloped potatoes on Saturday in the crock pot. These were a huge hit and when we have potatoes again I will make a second batch. They were amazing and there was nothing left over.

When I was at work, my husband cooked some pasta and opened a jar of garlic spaghetti sauce. We had this for dinner one night (very easy and stress free) which means my husband is more willing to make meals when I am at work.

My daughters ordered a pizza yesterday and we had that for dinner last night. It was very thoughtful of them because I was really kind of exhausted and did not feel like cooking. I appreciated them thinking of the five of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment