Sunday, January 7, 2018

Electric Bill

Our first electric bill came for the new house. We moved in on December 8th and had three business days to get the utilities in our name. We got the utilities in our name on December 13th. December 8th was a Friday and the 13th was a Wednesday.

Our electric bill for the old house was about 101 dollars when we would have the air conditioning off. When we had the air conditioning on it would be quite a bit higher set at 78 degrees.

The new house cost for not quite 30 days is 67.29. I understand that this is not for a full 30 days and we did turn on the heat within the past two weeks set at 70 because of the low temps, rain, and wind. The temps were in the 20's which is very low for Florida during the evenings. The highs in the day time were about 30 and very cold.

We turned the heat off this morning as it is sunny and a bit warmer. I have a dishwasher and do not use the dry cycle on it. We do have a HE washing machine and HE dryer. We do about three loads of laundry every two days and do use the dryer. Our stove is electric also and we use the stove and oven often.

The new bill is available online and I am waiting to get a paper copy to see how the cost was broken down. I would like to keep the bill less than 100 dollars a month in order to keep the budget intact. I am looking into getting some drying racks to put on our back porch to help with the costs and keep the budget intact.


2 comments:

  1. Here, the on line bill is exactly the same format as the paper one I get in the mail. Did you click on all of the usage tabs to see it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am locked out of the online account since I forgot my password and attempted numerous times to get it this morning. I can wait until the paper bill comes in the mail.

      Delete