Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Dinner with the cousins

Our cousins came over last night for dinner. They did ask if they should bring something and I told them no since we had everything all ready prepared and out on the stove.

I had two half containers of Ragu spaghetti sauce in the fridge and one small left over container in the freezer. I put all the sauce into one pan and simmered it on the stove. I ended up thawing a package of 80 percent lean ground beef. It was 2.3 pounds total and I used half the package. I cooked this on the stove with some garlic and added it to the Ragu making it a "meat sauce".

I had a two pound bag of pasta in the pantry and debated if I should only cook half the bag. I ended up cooking the whole bag and felt that if I only cooked half it would not be enough.

I had a package of Italian bread in the freezer. I thawed that out and made "cheesy garlic bread). I added a lot of jarred garlic to some butter and mixed it up well. I spread this on the italian bread, added some "mexican" shredded cheese, and Italian seasoning. I put the bread in the oven and let it cook until it got toasted and the cheese melted. The whole loaf was gone by the time our cousins left.

My oldest DD made a pan of brownies since we had a mix in the pantry.

We have a good size bowl of pasta with meat sauce left. This will be going with me to work on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in my dinner bag. The kids and my husband can also have it for lunches the rest of the week since I will be sleeping in the day time (I work night shift). It's easy to heat up in the microwave and my DS can manage getting his own lunch plate with out having to ask for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment