Sunday, January 7, 2018

Cancelled dinner plans

My cousins cancelled dinner plans with us tonight. I am really thankful that it happened because I did not want to cook two packages of bacon for one meal to feed nine people and wonder if that would have been enough.

I told my cousins that we could reschedule for tomorrow and I would serve burgers, hot dogs, and french fries. We have hot dogs in the fridge, three burgers in the freezer, and I would make additional burgers with some ground beef that we didn't use from last night's taco meal.

I have half a bag of french fries in the freezer. I am not sure if that will be enough, but I know that the "adult" kids will enjoy them and I will serve something else on the side. We have some lettuce, tomato, and onion to put on the burgers, and even have some sliced cheese if people will be interested. I am going to ask my girls to make some homemade mac and cheese using pasta, a white sauce, and some cheese that we have in the fridge.

We are still going to have french toast, some bacon, left over ham, and cinnamon apples for our meal tonight. I may continue to make the gravy mix and fry a few potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment