Thursday, January 11, 2018

Dinner/Life

Work was very hectic last night and I did not get home until almost 8 am this morning. Thank goodness I am only two and a half miles away from the hospital. I slept from 830 until 345 and woke up to my middle DD making dinner.

We still have ground beef left over from the tacos and she mixed it with the jug of spaghetti sauce. She cooked the last bit of spaghetti that was in a box in the pantry. It was really just a small amount of pasta and I told her just to serve smaller portions to everyone. If folks are still hungry there is sandwich fixings (ham, roast beef, peanut butter/jelly, cheese) and trust me they will find something else to eat.

Our new blinds were finally installed yesterday. I am pretty sure now that we have everything we needed for our "retirement home" and we are pretty sure that we will not be buying anything else.

I am waiting for the water bill to come in the mail. I am a bit concerned about the cost for the monthly bill since the lawn irrigation (using reclaimed water) was set by the builder to run every morning for 20 minutes to help establish the newly placed sod and trees. I had to adjust the irrigation system to run twice a week on Tuesday and Friday for 15 minutes instead of daily since I am on a budget and can not afford a high water bill.

My husband opened up a window in the dining room and opened the sliding glass door to let some fresh air in the house. I am so pleased that we are living in Florida now verses Virginia and it is really nice to have windows open in January.

I have to get ready for work soon. I an thankful that my husband made me a cup of decaf tea while I relax before going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment