Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Meals

My cousins came over last night for dinner. We usually have Sunday dinner together but they cancelled and changed it to last night. If you remember, I told them that we would have having hot dogs, hamburgers with toppings, baked beans, and some mac with cheese. I was going to make some other things to go with it, but I figured that would be enough food.

My cousin asked if she could bring anything. I asked her to bring a package of hamburger buns. I only have two hanburger buns in the freezer, but I had two packages of hot dog buns.

I had three preformed patties and ended up using sound of the ground beef that my girls did not use for the burgers. I added some spices, egg, and breadcrumbs to the ground beef and shaped the beef mixture into 8 good size hamburgers. I took the homemade ones and the preformed ones and put them in the oven to bake. I also put 10 hot dogs int he oven along with the burgers and a can of baked beans to keep warm. My girls made two boxes of "shells with cheese".

Dinner was a hit. We had cheese, lettuce, tomato, and the last bit of onion to put on the burgers. I used the last of the two tomatoes we had, and the 1/4 of an onion that we have been saving for the burgers. We had four burgers and two hot dogs left last night in addition to some of the mac with cheese, and quite a bit of beans. My middle DD came home from work last night and ended up having two burgers for her dinner.

The left over veggies will be put towards a salad tonight.

I put a very small marked down beef roast in the crock pot this morning. It was priced 6.99 a pound and had a 2 dollar off sticker on it. It weighed almost a pound. Like I said, it is not very big. I added two large carrots, some chopped up celery, a frozen bag of mixed veggies, a teaspoon of jarred garlic, and a package of brown gravy to the crock pot with a small amount of water.

I am working tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday night. Dinner for the rest of the week will revolve around using up all the left overs from last night and tonight. I will end up taking left overs to work as my lunch since this is the best way to keep our budget intact. I ALWAYS take a lunch from home to work and include things such as my own silverware, a cup, decaf tea bags, a small amount of sugar, and things of that nature. I bring my lunch bag home every morning also and do not leave anything at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment