Monday, January 15, 2018

Dinner tonight



Dinner tonight consisted of some marked down beef that I had in the freezer. I was able to saute it with some mushrooms and garlic in oil. I ended up making a pan gravy with the drippings. We had the left over veggies from last night (choice of peas/carrots or broccoli) and my husband and two of the kids opted to finish off some of the mac and cheese that was sitting in the fridge from yesterday along with the offerings from dinner tonight. We are all having water with our meal tonight since we have multiple bottles of water in the fridge. My middle DD is at work and her plate is on the stove for when she gets home later this evening.

I am out of fresh onions and would have liked to saute them with the beef, mushrooms, and garlic. We are making due with what we have instead of going to the store or resorting to take out.

Image may contain: food

2 comments:

  1. Do you keep dry minced onion in with the spices? I turn to this when I am low/out of fresh. Also, grab some scallions next time, use the green tops, plant the white bulbs and keep in the kitchen-you will never have to buy them again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea. I never thought about the scallions. I only had powered onion in the pantry. I have minced onion on my grocery list as of this morning. I never thought of using minced onion either. I appreciate the idea.

      Delete