Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Aidi, Dollar Tree, and Dollar General

My middle DD had to work this morning so I took her in and she bought a 18 lb bag of nine lives cat food as reimbursement for the ride to work. I was going to buy cat food anyway, but she got it instead.

My DS came with me and he is responsible for calculating the prices and math in his head. Je loads the car and helps pack groceries in bags.


Free:
18 pound bag of cat food (we have four furry buddies which my family loves, but I am not fond of).

Dollar General:
25 pound box of tidy cat scoopable litter   7.50
8 pack canned mighty dog  dog food 4.75

The total came out to 14.71

Dollar Tree:
two packages of pepper and onion strips
dish soap
mustard
generic tylenol
generic ibuprofen
generic aleve
chopped onion
chopped chives
three woman deoderant
two men deoderant
two large cans of baked beans
20 ounce canned crushed tomato
yellow cake mix
hot chocolate
brownie mix
gallon freezer bags
aluminum foil
thin spaghetti
toothpaste
2 bottles vo5 shampoo
one men body wash
apple juice

Total spent: 29.92

Aldi:
2 packs of yeast
cheese crackers
snack crackers
roma tomatoes
chopped spinach
frozen green beans
baby brussel sprouts
2 rolls of ground turkey
10 lb potatoes
2 dozen eggs
2 packages of brats
chicken leg quarters (two large packages 0.89 a pound)
breadcrumbs
two loaves of white bread
one loaf of wheat bread
hot dog rolls
one chuck roast (3.89 a pound)
chicken breasts (1.69 a pound)
two boxes of cinnamon cereal
5 lb carrots
red grapes
a few bananas
two cukes
2 rolls of 85 percent lean ground beef
two gallons of skim milk
grape jelly
canned yams
spaghetti
3 lb onions
two boxes of stuffing mix
24 pk bottled water

Total spent : 97.74





4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great round of frugal shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good trip. Do you ever make bread crumbs? We prefer not to eat the heels of bread, so I set those aside to dry out, then once I have enough amassed, I pulse them through my food processor. I also add the "dust" from cereal (I only ever by plain ones nothing like Apple Jax that would be too sweet or add an odd flavor to the mix) as well as stale crackers and cracker crumbs. I have too many bread crumbs on hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Occasionally I will use the saltines or stray left over crackers we have in the pantry that need to be used. We do not like the heels of the bread for sandwiches. I usually will put the heels in the freezer until we have enough to make french toast and will serve it for breakfast or dinner one night.

      Delete