Monday, January 15, 2018

Quality time

My husband and I were going to go to an art festival this morning but he slept in and I was doing some housework. The art festival was free to the public but was in Orlando and we didn't have enough gas in either vehicle to drive one hour each way. We decided to stay home and hang out with the kids.

My oldest DD is off today. My middle DD is going to work at 5 this evening. My DS doesn't have a job.

My husband and I went on a walk through the new development with Jackson, our dog. We had a good time holding hands, talking, and looking at the other homes that are being built. There were some families outside that were also walking, some were in their yards, and we found a few homes that had chairs outside on their porch.

We also went walking twice yesterday in between doing some chores, taking the girls to work, and making dinner. My husband helped me clean up the kitchen last night from dinner and my girls did the breakfast and lunch plates this afternoon while my husband and I were walking.

There's a lot of benefits to walking and we were able to enjoy some of the "warmer" weather 50 to 60 degrees outside with the sun shining. We were able to be alone, enjoy each other's company, and have conversations about our lives together.

We are blessed to have met each other when I was 17 and he was 19. We have grown up together and draw on each other for support when the other was struggling. Walking is a wonderful thing and doesn't cost anything. We were going to drive to the park but decided to just stay in the development to save some money on gas.

2 comments:

  1. The handholding sounds wonderful! I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our best friends (who live in Rhode Island as our parents do) have commented numerous times when we do go to visit that we are always holding hands. My "adult" children are also hand holders when they are venturing out somewhere. I guess it is something that they have picked up from us.

      Delete