Thursday, January 18, 2018

Dinner last night

I made sticky chicken earlier in the week and was able to take all the meat off the drumsticks. The crock pot was full of drippings and stock from the original cooking of the sticky chicken. I strained the stock and put it in the freezer for soup at some point.

The meat was taken off the bones prior to serving it to the family. There were nine drumsticks total. I put the bones and skin back into the crock pot with additional water and made a second batch of chicken stock which went into the freezer.

We all had a good portion of chicken that night for dinner and I continued to have chicken left over in the fridge that needed to be used. I ended up making chicken salad using what we have in the pantry and fridge prior to my grocery shopping adventures yesterday.

Mayo
A few stalks of celery including the leaves
the rest of the chicken
poultry seasoning
onion powder

The kids were able to choose from chicken salad or left over spaghetti from dinner with their cousins the other night. There is still some of both left over and will be taken to work with me tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday. I offered the kids and my husband some grapes with dinner since I found some at Aldi yesterday afternoon. They were a bit pricey but we haven't had fresh fruit in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment