Thursday, January 18, 2018

Stock

I have two large containers of turkey stock in the freezer from Thanksgiving. They need to be used up and I also have two containers of chicken stock in the freezer from this week. I was considering making a ham and bean soup tomorrow for dinner and was considering using one container of turkey stock instead of the homemade chicken stock I have in the freezer. I have two ham bones that need to be used and I was going to use the smaller of the two for tomorrow.

Thoughts on using the turkey stock instead of the chicken stock for bean soup?

1 comment:

  1. I would use one ham bone and water to make the ham and bean soup in a Crock Pot or Dutch oven and save the chicken stock, turkey stock and second ham bone for 3 future soups. They are all frozen and will keep for a long time, there is no rush and would be nice "frozen assets" as I call them, to fall back upon when your shelves are getting empty. I only ever use a poultry stock to make a ham soup if I have no bone and wish to have a bone broth base as usual. I add Goya ham seasoning in lieu of salt in this case. HTH

    ReplyDelete