Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Dinner tonight

I am planning on having another round of tacos tonight for dinner. I took out the only pound of ground turkey that was in the freezer. We have a taco kit in the pantry that contains 6 hard and 6soft shells, the taco seasoning, and salsa. We have cheese, sour cream, and veggies in the fridge that need to be used up. I also have a small bit of baked beans that need to be used from Monday's dinner. I also took out some brown rice to steam.

I will be using only a cup of the brown rice since brown rice is very nutritious and a small amount goes a very long way. The brown rice came in a two pound bag from the store when I used my high value coupons the other day. If anyone is still hungry, there's additional soft shells in the fridge that can be used to make additional tacos.

My middle DD is working 8 to 2 today. My oldest DD is working 5 to 10. I am working a 12 hour shift tonight. We will be feeding all five of us and I hope that the meal stretches to ensure left overs so that I can take dinner to work with me tonight. If there are not any left over then I will take some yogurt, some sliced cheese, crackers, and baked beans along with my usual decaf tea.

1 comment:

  1. 12 tacos plus rice, veg sides should be plenty. I'd brown the meat, add the seasoning packet, water and the baked beans with sauce right in the pan, the taco seasoning will incorporate the beans very well.

    ReplyDelete