Friday, January 19, 2018

Dinner

I am trying to be better prepared when I am working in regards to dinner prep and planning. Last night before I went to work I took two cups of pinto beans out of the pantry and soaked them. When I got home this morning I put the pinto beans in the crock pot, added some water, minced onion, pepper, and the small ham bone (we had two in the freezer). I also added four cut up carrots and one stalk of celery. I let this cook all day while I was sleeping.

We are going to have ham and bean soup for dinner tonight. I am working tonight and there will be soup left over. The left over soup will go into the fridge for lunches/dinner over the weekend.

I am hoping to keep the budget intact. I am scheduled for an out patient procedure on Tuesday and pre registered this afternoon when I woke up. My costs for this procedure is 515.50 and I was told this afternoon that I can pay it on Monday. This cost will come right out of my savings account and I am thankful that the money is there.

I did speak to my husband when I got up about the costs. The savings account is "our money" but he does not have access to the account due to his spending habits. He told me that he was sorry about the costs and said that he would help if he had the money. He has a limited amount of money and I told him that it wasn't his responsibility to pay for my procedure.

He understands the stress that the finances and budget place on us as a household.

No comments:

Post a Comment