Sunday, January 14, 2018

Dinner plans

As like last week our cousins cancelled dinner plans for this afternoon last night when she called me. I spoke to my husband and told him and he was OK with it since I am really tired and worn out from working the past few nights at work. 12 hour night shift in a cardiovascular intensive care unit can be rough on the mental and physical body. It can be a very stressful job and I was out of work late yesterday morning since I had a very heavy patient assignment. I could not even begin to explain how proud I am to be working in this specialty since 2006.

Anyway, dinner last was the choice of scrambled eggs or sandwiches. I was not in the mood to cook a meal and just wanted to relax. I ended up watching a movie on DVD with my husband and lounging on the sofa with a cup of decaf tea. We had the choice of ham/cheese, pbj, or roast-beef/cheese and/or scrambled eggs.

Both my girls opted for roast beef and cheese sandwiches. My husband had a roast beef/cheese sandwich with lettuce and tomato. My son wanted scrambled eggs and then asked for a ham/cheese sandwich. I had half a roast beef sandwich. If folks were still hungry I had another package of sandwich rolls in the freezer that could have been thawed for use.

Dinner tonight is a recipe I have used several times in the past and always goes well. I cut the recipe seasonings in half and used a package of chicken legs from Aldi that were in the freezer. I bought them at one point for 69 cents a pound and there's 4.2 pounds in the package. I put the seasoned chicken in the crock pot with the last four carrots we had and a small amount of celery. We still have some left over brown rice that can be used with dinner and some frozen veggies that are going to be served. It will probably be some broccoli.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/45954/roast-sticky-chicken-rotisserie-style/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=search%20results&clickId=cardslot%205

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I just suggested that recipe for roast chicken to another blogger. I like to prepare the whole chicken in the oven--never tried it in the slow cooker. My slow cooker is newer, and tends to cook really quickly, so I generally only use it for soups, stews or pot roasts. I almost have to watch my slow cooker more closely than my oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used that recipe before for chicken and I think it is pretty good. The amounts of spices for the "Rub" is a bit much but we just cut it in half and I am sure it could be cut another 1/4 too if needed.

      Delete