Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What's been cooking??

12/10/2013

I was finished with work on Tuesday morning when I clocked out. I pulled four night shifts and was exhausted. I came home to shoveling the front walk and dug out two vehicles. Not fun. i didn't even clean house yesterday. We have community service two nights a week with the homeless folks, and I did my commitment night. We ended up getting Chipolte for dinner.

!2/11/2013
I have some left overs and pretty sad looking produce that need to be used, along with some lurking hidden surprises. I had green beans and a container of hidden beef stew in the freezer. I thawed out the beef stew in the microwave, and it smelled pretty good, so into the crock pot it went (about one cups worth). I took the left over green beans into the crock pot. I had two tomatoes that were going soft, they got cut up and into the crock pot, along with a small onion, and some of the celery (I had to wash it, and get rid of the bad ends first, salvaged what was left). I added some thyme, basil, and four sliced carrots to the mixture. I covered this with some water and added three bouillon cubes.

I guess it's veggie soup for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment