Monday, December 30, 2013

Being on call

So, my work has been affected by the economy and changes have been made. Such things as equipment that are patient specific are limited (IV tubing, needles, etc.etc) are being put on  as they are emptied, instead of having a par level in each room, and the staffing requires overtime to be signed up for.

Well, we can sign up for overtime to cover the staffing issues, but then it depends on the acuity of the patients on any given day, and who has extra shifts that week. I have been working OT since September, but after January first, I declined to work any OT. I'm tired and worn out.

Anyway, I signed up for OT last night. I got the phone call late yesterday afternoon to see if I would keep an "on call status". I don't know why they ask, it's expected that you will take it due to the financial burden that the hospital has taken on. SO I was on call last night and didn't get called in.

As a result, I work tonight, then I don't have to be back until Friday. It works out for me. I'm planning on getting to the grocery store this morning, and using this cash I have towards January grocery expenses. We are running out of a few things and the kids are starting to revolt on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment