Sunday, December 29, 2013

Menu Planning Updates!!

Anyway, this menu I wrote works with getting rid of the hidden surprises (which I accomplished), uses all the left overs (which we did use them, and I don't have any to get rid of right now), and helps keep my meals intact. I'm hoping to stay on track and get to the grocery store at the beginning of January.


GOALS:
use hidden surprises DONE!!!!
use left overs appropriately DONE!!!!

balance out the veggies
use lurking produce
Grocery Shopping Jan 10th (MAYBE?????)


1. turkey, gravy, veggies, rice
2. left over bean/veggie soup
3. french toast, turkey bacon
4. kids have left over taco meat, mozzarella cheese, and taco shells
5. Chicken drumsticks, carrots, celery, onion, and a few potatoes
6. Chicken pot pie, steamed veggies
7. Chili
8. Left over Chili (freeze any after this left over for freezer)
9. Christmas Eve celebration (on 23rd, since my college kid is working on the 24th)
10. Christmas Dinner (Ham, and veggies, potatoes)
11. Left over Christmas dinner
12. Home made pizza, topped with chopped meatballs, veggies
13. Hot dogs, homemade mac and cheese, steamed veggies

14. Pancakes, turkey bacon
15. Scrambled eggs, fried potatoes
16. Chicken thighs, veggies in crock pot
17. Chicken soup, home made bread
18. cheese omelettes, English muffins
19. Grilled cheese sandwiches, canned soup (hit with the kids)

A couple of things:

The ham has been placed into the freezer for future meals. So, I was hoping to use the meat in January 2014. That needs to be taken out of this meal plan. We are also out of spaghetti sauce, and bulk cheese (I do have cheese slices).  The only veggies I have are 1 lb of frozen carrots, and a lb of squash. 

Meals are not in any certain order. But I do have everything needed in the kitchen to pull this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment