Tuesday, December 17, 2013

dinner 12/17

Since I am working on using the hidden surprises this month, I have a bunch of bread ends that are in the freezer. The kids eat a lot of bread, but they don't care for the end slices. I take these out and freeze them until I have enough to make breadcrumbs, or a favorite, vanilla french toast. It's amazing what a touch of vanilla, a few eggs, and some milk and do to help get these things gone. I don't want to throw away food, as it is costly and may be used in a different manner.

So, tonight's dinner is going to be french toast with turkey bacon. I will use those bread ends, a few eggs, some reconstituted milk, and vanilla, along with the turkey bacon I bought on the 12th. I plan on cooking half a pound of turkey bacon. My family loves this stuff, and I'm hoping to give it out sparingly as a treat. We have pancake syrup or powdered sugar to top the french toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment