Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Planning ahead.

I have dinner in the crock pot. I washed and peeled the last six carrots, five potatoes, an onion, and the last of the celery. I kept the veggie peelings separate in a bowl. I added the eight drumsticks and a can of cream of chicken soup, along with several spices in to the crock pot. That's dinner and it's finished for the day. We will eat around 4 o'clock.

Those veggie peelings are in the bowl. I put them in a pot, added some water (enough to fill the pot 3/4 way to the top), and put in two beef bouillon cubes in it to simmer. I'm making beef veggie stock for the freezer. It will be a soup base and used when we have some left over beef (Don't know when that will be). The veggie peelings are full of vitamins and minerals and I don't want to waste them or throw them out until they are used up.

So, after this simmers for a few hours, it will be strained, placed into containers, covered, labeled and put into the freezer. Then the veggie peelings will be thrown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment