Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Menu Planning Updates!!

Menu Planning Updates!!

12/23/2013 We went to Olive Garden for our Christmas Eve celebration, since my college daughter is working 12/24/13. We also saw The Hobbit. I took the cash out of my savings account to pay for this. We also received a gift card for 50 dollars each from my Mother in law. I'm using mine to buy some milk, bread, dog and cat food, and litter. Very exciting huh??? We had the best time last night and it wasn't frugal, but I did put the cash aside for this, and we didn't incure any debt for our celebration. 



12/21/2013 We are starting to run out of things like bread and milk. I get paid this week, but not until after Christmas. My mother in law called the other day to let us know that she was sending out Target gift cards. I can't wait!! Mine is going to buy some milk and bread. My husband made chili for dinner, with some canned tomato, tomato sauce, kidney beans, and ground beef and ground turkey. That's dinner folks. 

I wrote down about three weeks of meals on a piece of paper. Due to the BIG November shopping and busting through my budget, the Christmas shopping I did for the kids, and what I spent yesterday for my husband's gift, I am not going to be able to shop for anything except milk, bread, and eggs until January.

Anyway, this menu I wrote works with getting rid of the hidden surprises (which I accomplished), uses all the left overs (which we did use them, and I don't have any to get rid of right now), and helps keep my meals intact. I'm hoping to stay on track and get to the grocery store at the beginning of January.

GOALS:
use hidden surprises DONE!!!!
use left overs appropriately DONE!!!!

balance out the veggies
use lurking produce
Grocery Shopping Jan 10th (MAYBE?????)


1. turkey, gravy, veggies, rice
2. left over bean/veggie soup
3. french toast, turkey bacon
4. kids have left over taco meat, mozzarella cheese, and taco shells
5. Chicken drumsticks, carrots, celery, onion, and a few potatoes
6. Chicken pot pie, steamed veggies
7. Ham and cheese omelettes, English muffins
8. Chili
9. Left over Chili (freeze any after this left over for freezer)
10. Christmas Eve celebration (on 23rd, since my college kid is working on the 24th)
11. Christmas Dinner (Ham, and veggies, potatoes)
12. Left over Christmas dinner
13. Spaghetti, meatballs, and steamed veggies
14. Grilled cheese sandwiches, canned soup (hit with the kids)
15. Pancakes, turkey bacon
16. Scrambled eggs, fried potatoes
17. Chicken thighs, veggies in crock pot
18. Chicken soup, home made bread
19. Home made pizza, topped with chopped meatballs, veggies
20. Hot dogs, homemade mac and cheese, steamed veggies
21. Sliced Christmas Ham, baked potatoes, steamed veggies
22. Left overs
23. Left overs.
24. Left overs
 
Meals are not in any certain order. But I do have everything needed in the kitchen to pull this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment