Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Frugal Christmas Eve Meal

So. after yesterday's lunch/dinner fun with the kids and husband, along with The Hobbit movie, we are staying home today and taking it easy.

I had some mozzarella cheese in the fridge and crackers. The cheese will be sliced and placed on a serving plate with crackers.

I thawed out some ground turkey. I mixed it with one egg, 1/2 cup of reconstituted milk, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, and parsley. I had four slices of oatmeal bread ends in the freezer. I put the bread into the blender and grated it into crumbs. I put it in the bowl with the other ingredients and mixed it up. I used a teaspoon to shape the meat mixture into balls, and placed them in the oven.

I have some lurking grape jelly (it is almost gone), and a lurking bit of BBQ sauce. I also had three packets of single serve jelly that need to go. I'm going to mix the BQ sauce and jelly in a pan until warm and simmering. I'm going to add the meatballs to this sauce and serve on a big serving plate, along with the cheese and crackers. I have 24 meatballs total.


That's dinner folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment