Thursday, December 12, 2013

Stress...

OK.

The good news:

My savings account has 2, 969.15 in it. 1,000 for emergencies, and 1969 towards living expenses. I'm working on a goal of 3-6 months like Dave Ramsey suggest. I did not dip into this money for Christmas at all.

I bought my daughter (who never asks for anything, and never gives me any trouble, bless her. She's such a good kid) an IPOD. I paid for it in cash and didn't think twice about it.

My other daughter (who has a part time job, and I'm paying tuition for her classes) asked for a new Nintendo thing. I bought it, and she has to share with her brother (who asked for the same thing). I paid cash for this Nintendo U thing.

Between the electronic game and an IPOD, I spent over 500 dollars for them. I need to get some stocking stuffers and they are done with.

I bought my mother a gift card to Yankee Candle 50 dollars. I bought my mother in law a 50 dollar gift card to Olive Garden. They live out of state and these will go right to their mail boxes. How easy. I can check them off the list. They are finished.

The Bad:

Christmas makes me want to go hide under a blanket. I'm stressed out.

The Thanksgiving holiday put my grocery budget over for the month. I did buy 2 turkeys, and a ham for our meals. I bought a lot of groceries for the local food bank (I donate every two weeks, and use my own funds that are not included in my grocery budget). I did start shopping for Christmas. For December, after looking at my finances, I will not be donating this month to the local food pantry. This makes me very sad.

I have to get a gift for my husband. He's expensive to shop for.

The kids will be going to the dentist in February. My car taxes have been paid. Check that off. My registration for both vehicles come due in January. My inspection is due in January. Thank goodness my tires are in pretty good shape and shouldn't need to be replaced. The car is only 5 years old.

My nursing license is due for renewal in February. I will take care of this cost with January's pay check.

I wrote out my bills today. I put 250 dollars in my savings account. I went shopping at Aldi and CVS.

I feel like life is just crazy. I went to Aldi this morning and was telling my husband that I felt like I was going into different directions. Maybe it's just me. I decided that I would not work any OT in January to see if that helps.

I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment