Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Updated Life Events

Life events

The cat that is diabetic is not doing well. The vet is considering dropping his insulin and treating him with diet only due to the issues with his weight, and low values on glucose after one administration of 1 unit of insulin.  The new insulin vial is due to be refilled soon.
UPDATE: We stopped his insulin. his glucose tolerance test was low. The cost savings are 163 dollars a month for the insulin and 33 dollars for syringes. We are still feeding him a high protein diet at the cost of 55 dollars a month. 

May car is due for it's 51,000 mile check up in a month or so. We have 49 thousand miles now. So we have a little bit of time.
UPDATE: Can't worry about this yet, I still have some time prior to getting the tune up. 

The foot doc is being a regular, I need to get my blood work drawn tomorrow for Friday's appointment. I find out how much the insurance didn't cover for the needed x rays last week.
UPDATE: Got my lab work done, paid 25 dollars for co payment  Tomorrow will be another 20 dollars for the office visit. Still waiting on the costs for the xrays.
UPDATE: I paid cash for the co payments. No xray money was paid out for xrays. I go back in 6 weeks. 

Our other cat, Pepper needs to get his immunizations in October.
UPDATE: Not concerned yet. 

My middle daughter and son are planning on going to the homecoming dance in October.
UPDATES: My daughter wants to go to homecoming. I requested that we look at dresses in her closet first.
UPDATE: I bought her dress for 42 dollars, and a hair piece for 2.00. She will have to wear her own shoes, and get hair done by friends. Enough said. 

We went to the dentist yesterday. I made it out with ZERO cavities, as did my son. My two girls have two cavities each that need to be filled. One girl needs sedation to get the work done. My daughter needs to get her wisdom teeth out. We have been referred to an oral surgeon for general anesthesia and extraction of all four at once. I can't keep her awake to have the work done, she will not be able to handle the anxiety.
UPDATE: I sent the paperwork off for the referral to the oral surgeon. No other progress noted. 
UPDATE: The girls go in October to have their cavities filled. 152 dollars each, with sedation cost for one.

Plumbing Issues are repaired and paid for. I paid with my debit card and replaced the cash from my savings account into my checking account. I wanted to avoid overdrafts. 

Times like this, I am worried about our income and being able to handle the ongoing stress that comes with having only my income.






No comments:

Post a Comment