Monday, September 9, 2013

Dinner 9/9

When I went to the store last week, I bought some ground turkey for 99 cents lb. I ended up with five pounds, and would have bought more if it was available. They also had Fransico Rinaldi spaghetti sauce for 90 cents (which beat out all other prices in the area). I bought five of them.

I also have a pantry full of oatmeal. Various kinds, whole oat, instant, flavored, organic...

So, I am cooking a pound of penne pasta (I take left overs for work lunch, and I'm hoping that my kids will take some left overs for school lunch), and warming up some spaghetti sauce.  I took the one pound of ground turkey, a cup and a half of whole oat oatmeal, added some parmesean cheese, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, sage, and thyme, along with two eggs. Mixing this "stuff" together takes only a few minutes, and I now have 20 beautiful "turkey meat balls" to go with our dinner.

A friend at work was putting out tomatoes from her yard for folks to take. I took two of them, and we will use them for a small salad tonight to go with our meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment