Monday, September 23, 2013

Dinner 9/23

I worked all weekend, and just got up a little bit ago. A few days ago, I took out all of our "hidden surprises" from the freezer. We had numerous cups of chicken stock, a few containers of frozen fruit, a container of beef stock, and numerous containers of homemade spaghetti sauce.

Tonight's dinner is chicken soup. I took all the chicken stock in containers, and put it into a pot. I used one container's "gelled fat" at the top of the container to saute some onion, parsley, and carrots. After I cooked them, I dumped the veggies into the pot. I added some thyme, celery salt, and of course, the stock has the previous seasonings from the meals I've cooked. I added a little water, and let this simmer for about 40 minutes. I'm boiling a two cups of egg noodles to put into the soup when it's finished.

That's dinner folks. It's a cheaper, healthier version of Campbell soup. It's pretty much free from all the lurking items, and left over veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment