Tuesday, August 22, 2017

you tube

The landlord got a new dryer delivered to us nine days ago. We have been having issues with it not drying clothes well and I finally was able to figure out why. The air flow to the vent was blocked by "wadded plastic and paper" leading to the outside exhaust.

Holy crap. I was able to watch a you tube video to see how to take off the clamps and silver tubing to get the blocked stuff out of the exhaust.

It worked. I am so proud and horrified that there was a bunch of stuff wadded up into the tubing and exhaust. We are very lucky. The dryer did dry a full load of clothes in about 30 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep. The dryer vent to the outside exhaust is about 6 inches. I was able to take the silver tubing off and reach inside the vent to the outside exhaust and found the problem. We are very lucky that it didn't cause a fire. I cant' imagine what my electric bill is going to be. But now it is fixed and it is actually less humid in the house too. I guess the blocked moisture was building up and the lint was getting wet and it is a fire risk. Since we have the air on 78 with the ceiling fans it is less humid now that I found the trouble with the dryer.

      I learned this when I was a homeowner. Usually if there's an issue with the dryer it is most likely the clogged vent tubing or the exhaust. The joys of previous home ownership.

      Delete
    2. That is scary! If I ever have to buy another dryer, I will remember that. The delivery people left cardboard in my washing machine. It made a terrible noise and mess. I would call the company that sold you the dryer so they can caution delivery people.

      Delete