Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday plans

We all slept in this morning in hopes of recovering from the past few days and to improve our moods. It worked. The house chores are done. We all had various things for lunch as I told everyone to have what they could find.

My son finished off the last of the honey nut cheerios. My daughter finished off the last of the pasta that was left over from last night. I had a tomato sandwich on an onion roll. My husband opted to have ramen noodles. My daughter opted to have a bowl of chicken noodle soup.

My kids helped and did all their chores. I do not give my kids allowances because I feel that they are to do chores because we have to work together as a family. My middle daughter and my son cleaned the cat box. All three kids sorted through the recycling and put everything in the garage. My son took out the trash and put it in the trash container in the garage.

My middle daughter washed the kitchen floor with a bit of water and a very small amount of spic and span, I told her to use less than a cap full of spic and span as funds are tight and we are trying to make things last. I washed two of the kids blankets from their beds and hung them over the dining room chairs to dry.

My husband cleaned our bathroom. The kids are in charge of cleaning their own bathroom.

We are going to our cousin's house for dinner tonight. We are bringing the protein and using some of the grocery package from my mother in law. We are bringing the four small steaks and two containers of frozen "red smashed potatoes" that came in the grocery package. Our cousin and her family are supplying burgers and hot dogs for the kids. There are five kids and four adults. They are supplying canned corn and beans. It should be a great evening.

I took our a package of ground beef to make hamburgers tomorrow for the five of us. I have one fresh tomato left, a couple of hamburger buns from the bread store, and a package of onion rolls for the burgers. I am also going to make some potato salad tomorrow morning to have with our burgers. I don't have a grill or anything like that so we use the oven a lot.

I am hoping that everyone has a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Ahah! there is your high electric bill: oven ranges use serious juice.

    ReplyDelete