Sunday, August 27, 2017

What's been happening??

Well, our house finally closed this past Wednesday! The funds were distributed and as of Wednesday I was debt free. 

Thursday: I did not get to HR at my new job this week because I lost my CPR card during the move from Virginia to Florida. The HR office told me that I could call the Lake County CPR office and see if they had a course that had an opening. 

We looked at a couple of new homes being built on Thursday night. There is a new development opening that is building two up to five bedrooms homes in the area. We were looking at 4 bedroom single level homes. We talked a lot about the renting verses buying. We did put a LOT of money into our old home. It was a town house built in 1990 and we bought it in 2002 and it needed many repairs through the years. It was a 3 bedroom 2 bath home which we bought when the kids were very young. 1300 sq feet total. 

I went out with my cousin to her house and we had dinner there. My husband took my oldest daughter to her job in Orlando and stayed in Orlando walking, window shopping, and spending time with our middle daughter and son. They came home when our oldest daughter got out of work. 

Friday: We decided to buy a home. We are currently renting and have been here since July 12th. I have been here since August 5th. The house is a 4 bedroom 2 bath home. Two car garage. Very small yard (I have to cut grass, so I prefer a small yard). It is in a development called Chelsea Oaks South. More on this later. 

Saturday: We spent the day at home and enjoyed a day just hanging out together. We cleaned house, took naps, fed animals, watched home movies. We had sloppy joes for dinner. 

Sunday: We are having dinner with our cousins tonight. They are bringing lasagna and cheesecake. We are providing the salad and some watermelon. I went to Aldi this morning and spent 145 dollars. We had a trunk full of groceries and honestly everything is filled in the pantry and freezer. It is a great feeling. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! I see you survived IRMA, we did too. We live in Lake County too and luckily we did not lose power. Adding you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Where in Lake County do you live? I am in Tavares. We love it here. Can I have a link to your blog? I tend to read a lot but I rarely comment on other folks blogs.

      Delete
    2. Wow. Where in Lake County do you live? I am in Tavares. We love it here. Can I have a link to your blog? I tend to read a lot but I rarely comment on other folks blogs.

      Delete