Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Wednesday happenings

Well, I heard back from our realtor and she stated that our old house is still scheduled for closing on August 21st. This is a very hard time and is stressful because I didn't really understand everything that went into selling a house and moving across country from Virginia to Florida. I haven't heard back from my new job yet to see if I can start early. I am assuming that it is not going to happen since I have contacted them twice last week. I am scheduled for a employee health physical on August 24th and start hospital orientation September 18th.

We received a refund check from our old cable company in the amount of 148 dollars. I asked my husband to put it in his account and I would be able to transfer 100 of the money to my account to put towards September's rent. I have paid 875 so far towards September's rent and will get my last two day pay check tomorrow by direct deposit into my account. That money will go straight towards September's rent and hopefully will have closing next week to help offset the budget.

I still have some Virginia bills to finish paying. I have all ready budgeted and paid for the first month's round of utility bills since my family has been here since July 12th and moved in on the 15th of July.

The dishwasher has been started. The counters wiped off. I found a "running toilet" in my kids bathroom and have emailed the property management company and send in a maintenance request to get this fixed. The last thing I want is a high water bill for something that is easily fixed. I looked in the tank I am not sure if it is the gasket or seal that is making the water run. It is stated in my lease that they respond to maintenance and tenant requests pretty quickly.

The kids are own their own for breakfast. Lunch is going to be sandwiches (lunch meat with cheese/PBJ/ or hotdogs).

Dinner tonight is french toast using bread ends, milk, and the last few eggs we have in the fridge. We are also going to have pork sausage patties. (I may attempt to make sausage gravy if I am able to. I have never made it before, but it would help keep the pantry filled).

Other than that we are staying home today. I would like to finish the cup of decaf tea I made. My son called me a "big fat meanie" because I reminded him that he needs to put his shorts (his only beloved pair) in the laundry to be washed tonight.  If my only concern was being a "big fat meanie" because I wanted to wash my autistic son's (he's 19) clothes I would be OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment