Saturday, August 19, 2017

What's been happening?

Wednesday, my mother in law had two boxes of groceries delivered to us from Ohama Steaks. I was so surprised. Immediately we put the food in the freezer. There was two packages of pork ribs, one package of four filet, two packages of frozen smashed potatoes, two packages of frozen seasoned green beans, four packages of mini meat loaves, and some various other gifts. It was amazing and everything looks great in the freezer. Wednesday we just stayed at home and ended up having a bit of a disagreement about the budget.

Thursday, my husband and his cousins took us all out to historic mount dora. There are a lot of shops, paved areas for walking, and a lot of time to sit and enjoy each other's company. His cousins took us out for lunch. I attempted to pay with the cash we had in our budget and I was told to keep the money. I ended up having a chicken salad on wheat bread and it was pretty good. My kids had hot dogs. My husband had some potato salad and a grilled cheese with tomato sandwich. Overall it was a pleasant day and we ended up enjoying everyone's company.

Thursday night was a bit difficult. I ended up watching a movie with my husband in our room and I didn't get to bed until almost 1 AM which is very late for me. I am usually in bed before 8:30 which really hasn't happened since I got to our new home in Florida two weeks ago.

Friday morning, I got up and was ready to take my daughter to her job interview. She wanted to wait until 11:30 to leave and I tried to explain to her that we may get lost, traffic, etc etc, but in her world these things are not an issue. Go Figure.

The realtor called me on Friday morning to tell me that I had to finish paying the water/sewer and electric bill on our house before closing on August 21st. She said that it should have already should have bene paid. Well I tried to explain that I used all my savings to move and had not recieved my PTO yet from work. Needless to say, I was able to get the two bills paid. I have 68 dollars in my checking account left and have to pay my mother in law back for the electric bill expense. I called the realtor and gave her the confirmation numbers and sent an online statement to her email address also.

The title company and the realtor called me again before we left the house to take my daughter to her interview. They stated that I had to sign one last document before closing on Monday, August 21st. I explained to them that I was not in Virginia anymore and that the document would have to be signed digitally or electronically. Apparently that is a problem because both of these ladies stated that I would have to come to Virginia to sign the paperwork. I explained to them that I did not have the money to come to Virginia and that this would have to be worked out because I am not in a better financial spot than I was prior to finishing up paying the sewer/water/electric bill on the house. They gave me a difficult time about not being able to fly to Virginia. I told them that this was their concern because I had been in contact with them since June (while I was still living in Virginia) and told them repeatedly that I was leaving to go to Florida to be with my family on August 5th (after my last day of work). My realtor knew this and I called her twice the last week I was in Virginia to make sure that she was aware that I would be leaving the state since she told me that if there was anything left to sign it could be done electronically.

I was not in the best mood since I spent the night before watching a movie with my husband on Netflix (he pays for that), didn't sleep well, spent all day Thursday walking around a historic village, had gotten up early to get my kid to her interview, and had the previous phone call about the utilities.

I told the realtor and the title company that this was their concern and that they would have to figure out how to get the document to me since apparently it would not be emailed or faxed. I spoke to them at 11 olcock and they did not get back to me until Friday afternoon at 4:45 when they told me that they were going to send a currier to my home that was a notary to assist with signing of the document. FINE.

My daughter had a job interview in Orlando yesterday at Universal studios. This is a 51 minute drive with numerous tolls one way. We left the house at 1130 yesterday and her interview was at 12:45. We did not leave Universal Studios until 5 pm and did not get home last night until after 6 oclock due to the traffic.

She earned herself a seasonal part time job from now until the first week of November. Universal is hosting a Halloween Adventure House or something like that. Even though there is a commute and tolls involved I was proud of her for presenting herself and standing out from the hundreds of job hunters at the job fair.

Friday night my husband and my middle DD baked the pork spare ribs and heated up some frozen veggies. They also had made a cake for dessert (boxed mix with frosting). I ate dinner, cleaned up part of the house, and ended up having a disagreement with my husband about our house, the closing date, and why I didn't finish paying the utility and focused on the rent for September instead. I explained to him that I was afraid closing would have been pushed back and I wanted to make sure that the rent for September was paid in full to prevent any issues. Needless to say, he said that I was very anxious and should have known that closing would go as scheduled.

I ended up going to my room, taking a shower, and watching another movie before I fell asleep.
Yesterday was a very long day.

Saturday!! Finally a day that I could stay home. I ended up taking the meat off the whole bird I cooked earlier this week and made chicken salad with it using half an older onion, three stalks of celery, spices, mayo, and a small amount of mustard. I had two chicken breast in the fridge thawed. I put them in a baking pan with the rest of the onion, two cloves of garlic, and the last bit of spaghetti sauce in the jar I found in the fridge. I baked this for a little over an hour in a covered casserole dish and shredded the chicken when it was finished. I will add some more sauce and top it with some cheese in a little bit. I am going to boil some pasta and make a small salad to go with it for dinner.
The bones form the whole bird, the veggie scraps, and everything else was put into the crock pot and simmered all day. In about another hour I will take it all out and strain it. I will have a nice bowl of chicken stock for the freezer.

I stayed home all day. I pulled bedsheets off everyone's beds and put them in the wash. They will be dried eventually and put back on beds. I turned the air from 78 degrees to 77 because it is so humid in the house. I asked my husband to find a dehumidifier that we may need to purchase.

I am meeting with a realtor on Wednesday to see what kind of information I can get about buying our "retirement forever home". This will be the home that we will grow old in and will maintain us in our senior years. I am not buying a home on Wednesday but just getting some much needed beginning information.


2 comments:

  1. That was very nice of your MIL and buying and selling homes is very stressful. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real blessing from your MIL to send a care package. Sorry about the realtor drama. I was going to suggest telling them to send a courrier, but they figured that out on their own. Fingers crossed that this will soon be behind you.

    ReplyDelete