Thursday, August 31, 2017

Life

Monday: My husband and I went to see the mortgage lender to submit paperwork. I am approved for the mortgage for the house. We are putting 10 percent down (20, 900) and the mortgage will be for a total of 184,410 dollars. The paperwork has been accepted and the loan has went to the processing department for a 30 year loan with 4.2 percent interest fixed. The hold up with the loan process will be the submission of two paychecks from my new job which I start on the 18th.

Tuesday: I went to my new job for HR forms, a physical, and a drug test. The forms are submitted. I had a physical. I completed the drug test. I submitted all my vaccinations, ppd testings, titers, and had all my correct dates on each form. I needed a second ppd test which I received and have to go back today at 2 to get it read.

Wednesday: We ventured into Orlando and took the kids to Epcot. My husband bought season passes. This does not come out of my budget. This is strictly his spending money that he has after he pays his bills every month.

Thursday: We are staying home most of the day. I did some house work. Our pest control folks came back because we found some ants in the living room. The pest control folks have been here twice now since we began treatment for the rental. The pest control folks found another colony outside near the living room sliding doors and put some bait down. They will be back in a week to evaluate for progress. We have only seen a small amount of very tiny ants in the living room. It is best to take care of this problem before it becomes a huge problem. I have to go back to my new job and get my ppd test read at 2 this afternoon.

Meals this week: My kids had cereal with milk or the choice of eggs for breakfast. Lunch was either sandwiches (pb&j, turkey breast lunch meat from Aldi with cheese, hot dogs, or soup). Dinner on Monday was sloppy joes. Wednesday dinner was ohama steakhouse single meatloaves (from the care package from mother in law) and we baked two of the single meatloaves. We divided the meatloaves into slices for the five of us. The kids were able to choose salad (lettuce, cheery tomato, cucumber), or left over potato salad, and watermelon to have with their dinner. Tuesday's meal was a combination of left over lasagna from the family meal with our cousins, potato salad, and water melon.

I am aware that some of the meals are very carb heavy. We are not snacking between meals. Everyone is eating what they put on their plates and are working hard on not wasting food.

I called HR at my old job this morning and waiting for a call back. I did not receive my PTO cash out as today would have been my regular payday. I did refill everyone's prescriptions last night and paid 96 dollars for 6 medications for both my daughters and husband. I got mine refilled the week before for a tune of 65 dollars. We are all set on meds and continue to have some refills still.

I found a good source for medication discounts. Has anyone ever used "good rx" to get discounted medications? When I was completing my clinical requirements for my master's degree at the free clinic we were able to use this "good rx" to see how much ordered medications would cost patients to pick up at the pharmacy and if they were too expensive there was always alternative meds that could be ordered.

We will not have alternative meds ordered for the five of us until I receive health benefits in November. I start my new job on the 18th and will receive my benefit package then to review and sign up for. I am still waiting to hear from my previous job about receiving a certificate about having health insurance and have to speak to Lincoln Financial about transferring my 403 B to an IRA.

3 comments:

  1. Since you rent, is it in your lease to deal with pests? Here in CT, state law clearly stipulates that pest control is the landlord's obligation, unless it's in the lease and the tenant signs off on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a copy of the lease. I will have to look and see if it is in the lease. I paid a company 132 dollars about two weeks ago to come begin treatment. At the time of moving in and the walk through the landlord was aware of the ant situation and stated that they would have to send someone out to treat the house. I am not sure if it was a one time service or reoccurring service.

      Delete