Friday, November 1, 2013

Working

I work a full time job as an RN in an intensive care unit. I love my job, night shift is awesome, and I enjoy the Fri, Sat, Sun shift with overtime on either a Monday or Thursday. My husband does not have a full time job, unless that is putting up with the aggravation of being at home with the kids.

I used to work overtime, but stopped over the summer to be home with the kids. Since they started back to school in August, and a few expenses (like the dentist) came up in September, I work a lot of overtime. Sometimes, depending on the census of patients and staffing levels, those who have OT are asked at home to be "on call". It happens, I understand that due to the financial woes that is affecting everyone, it does happen at hospitals too.

With working so much, I get very tired and irritable. Of course, as in any career, it's not possible to bring your tiredness and irritability to work (I more than likely would be pulled into the office and spoken to, or given a pink slip). My husband always says, "Your not like this at work, I've seen you deal with people there".

Regardless, I find that my work life is not as stressful as my home life. My home life is chaotic sometimes. I find that the more overtime I sign up for, at least one shift a week through out New Year's, the more chaotic is becomes.

I have a vacation that was approved through work. I finish this weekend, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon night shift, and then I have nine nights off. I'm hoping to get some stuff done around my home, and have some fun with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment