Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Changes

  • hot dogs, homemade scratch mac and cheese (white sauce, with cheese added, pasta), peas.
  • Ham and and cheese quiche. (using sliced deli ham, provolone cheese).
  • BBQ pork chops, long grain rice, peas.
  • Home made pizza (cheese for the kids, tomato slices for us). I would make my own crust in the ABM, grate the cheese in my blender, and use canned tomatoes for topping. I have three jars of spaghetti sauce in the freezer with 1/4 cup in each. 
  • Dirty rice (using a small amount of ground beef or ground turkey), peas
  • Scrambled eggs, hash browns



  • Spaghetti and sauce, meat balls with ground turkey, spices, egg, homemade breadcrumbs, veggies
  • Home made waffles with syrup.
  • Two nights of left overs.
  • crock pot chicken thighs, carrots, celery,onion, long grain rice
  • dirty rice (with chicken), broccoli.
  • left over chicken thighs, egg noodles, veggies 
  • Canned soup and sandwiches, veggies

Things are tight right now. My gas light is on, my husband's gas light is close to being on. My daughter's new tuition payments start next week. She will need books. The holidays are coming and it will be a very small and practical Christmas. I have overtime all though the holidays with 4 (12 hour) shifts a week until New Year's. I work Thanksgiving, and New Year's, and am off Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. 

The new and updated menu is not fantastic  but I do have everything I need for the next seven days. We will have having the quiche I posted for tonight. I get paid tomorrow, and need to work on my budget this morning. 

I have a running list of stuff we need at the store. I'm running out of milk, have no flour, no potatoes, limited bar soap (we are using the small pieces that are usually left over, since there are three of them, and one full bar left in the shower. We are turning over the shampoo bottles to make sure we get the last drops out. We had the heat on 66, but it's drafty in the house, and chilly even with hoodies and socks, and blankets on the sofa. It's been turned up to 68. 


No comments:

Post a Comment