Friday, November 8, 2013

Dinner 11/08/2013

Dinner tonight is going to be hot dogs, homemade scratch mac and cheese (white sauce, with cheese added, pasta),  and steamed peas.

I had turkey hot dogs in the freezer. I will pan fry these, add ketchup or mustard for the kids, and chop up one onion and the last of the pickles (to make a "relish") for the adults. We still have some peas left over from last night's meal, so I will add these to tonight's plan. 

The homemade mac and cheese is a winner here. I have about 1 cup of broken spaghetti that needs to be used. I broke the rest of it, will boil it until cooked. I will make a white sauce (butter, flour, and milk), and add some provolone cheese (all I have) to make the cheese sauce. 

My kids will love this meal. It's easy, doesn't require a lot of work, and gets rid of some lurking items. My college kid had all four wisdom teeth out on Wednesday. We are working on adding foods to her diet. She had eggs, chicken broth, and noodles yesterday. The home made mac and cheese will be tender enough for her to eat, and adds more protein intake with the cheese to promote healing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment