Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dinner 11/21

I made a meat loaf for dinner tonight. What I did was thaw one pound of 80/20 ground beef I had in the freezer. I added the last of the whole oats to the meat (about two cups oats), two eggs, half cup of milk, 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, sage, thyme, parsley, and a small amount of mustard seed. I combined all this into a loaf pan and put a little ketchup on top.

I usually tend to add lurking items to the meat loaf. Makes my kids absolutely crazy. I used the last of the whole oats that have been sitting in the pantry. My daughter had half a cup of milk in the fridge. That went into the meat loaf mixture.

I also have a bunch of apples. I have three medium packets of organic cinnamon spice oatmeal that needs to be used. It's screaming a nice pan of apple crisp to go with our dinner. It will get rid of the apples, and the lurking cinnamon spice oatmeal that my kids don't care for. I will add a touch of butter to the mix and place it in the oven with the meat loaf.

We are going to have left over buttered corn from last night, and a small salad. That's dinner folks. I go back to work tonight. Four 12 hour shifts in a row. Loving it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment