Friday, November 8, 2013

Meal Planning

  • hot dogs, homemade scratch mac and cheese (white sauce, with cheese added, pasta), peas.
  • Ham and and cheese quiche. (using sliced deli ham, provolone cheese).
  • BBQ pork chops, long grain rice, peas.
  • Home made waffles with syrup.
  • Home made pizza (cheese for the kids, tomato slices for us). I would make my own crust in the ABM, grate the cheese in my blender, and use canned tomatoes for topping. I have three jars of spaghetti sauce in the freezer with 1/4 cup in each. 
  • Dirty rice (using a small amount of ground beef or ground turkey), peas
  • Spaghetti and home made veggie spaghetti sauce, dinner rolls with the ABM. 
  • Scrambled eggs, hash browns
  • Two nights of left overs.

I don't have much in the way of veggies or fruit. I have three bananas, and two open bags of frozen peas, about 1 lb of fresh carrots, onion,  and some celery. I do have three cans of tomatoes that I'm going to use for home made pizza. I do have a running grocery list that I'm working hard to stay out of the stores. 

While the menu planning is working out, I'm just not used to it. I do like the fact that I can just choose a meal and know that I have everything to make it. I do have to incorporate some items that need to be used up, or some left overs that can be placed into other meals. I find that eventually my freezer is going to be full of "hidden surprises", which means that come December, we will have to have a big thaw out session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment