Thursday, November 7, 2013

New menu plan and sharing what you have.

  • hot dogs, homemade scratch mac and cheese (white sauce, with cheese added, pasta), peas.
  • Ham and and cheese quiche. (using sliced deli ham, provolone cheese).
  • BBQ pork chops, long grain rice, peas.
  • Home made waffles with syrup.
  • Home made pizza (cheese for the kids, tomato slices for us). I would make my own crust in the ABM, grate the cheese in my blender, and use canned tomatoes for topping. I have three jars of spaghetti sauce in the freezer with 1/4 cup in each. 
  • Dirty rice (using a small amount of ground beef or ground turkey), peas
  • Spaghetti and home made veggie spaghetti sauce, dinner rolls with the ABM. 
  • Scrambled eggs, hash browns
  • Two nights of left overs.
I had a unexpected visit from my nephew last night. He's 18 and has a pregnant girl friend. They are staying with friends of theirs, but he came over last night to sit for a while. He kept rubbing his head, and I offered him some Aleve. He said that they were getting hungry, and had no money, has not been to the social service office, and he is not received any recent child support from his Dad (he's still in high school, working on his junior year). His Mom is not in contact with him, and I feel that I should be able to help. I gave him some Aleve for his headache, and when he mentioned that he was hungry, I gave him two packages of chicken legs (5 in a package), 2 lbs ground beef, 2 lb of ground turkey, 1/2 gallon of milk, a box of blueberry oatmeal, a loaf of bread, 5 of the biggest potatoes I had, 2 lb pasta, a jar of spaghetti sauce, and a bottle of tylenol.  

I need to revise my menu plan and plan differently for the next week. I gave him what I had in the fridge and freezer without a second thought. 

2 comments:

  1. Poor Kid. I know 18 is considered an adult but the older I get the more I realize how young that really is. I couldn't imagine being that young with a child on the way and trying to finish high school without the support of my parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't imagine the stress level and the worry. He did tell me that he's working with the school system to get the support system he needs in place. They are working with him to find suitable housing (I offered the sofa bed, but he declined, telling me that he's working with the school), and trying to keep him on the straight road. He seems to veer towards trouble, looking for a place to belong. He is currently staying in a trailer with his girl friend. It has electric, some form of heat, a stove and fridge. I figure at the food will help him out for a week. I didn't have much int he way of veggies to give him, or fruit.

      Delete