Wednesday, November 20, 2013

11/20 dinner

I took out some hot dogs from the freezer to thaw out. I will put them on the griddle to cook, serve with ketchup and/or mustard on hot dog rolls. We will have some steamed corn, a small salad with Italian dressing, and some sliced apples.

I'm working on increasing the fruits and veggies that the kids will eat. I am beginning on serving more at dinner (since they eat breakfast and lunch at school), and make it kid friendly. It seems to be working. I gave them a choice last night, steamed and buttered green beans, salad, and bananas. They had to choose two. The green beans and bananas won. My husband and I had the salad, and green beans.

The steamed corn and apples will go tonight. The kids love both. The salad will be left for my husband and I. I'm OK with that. I will have to steam enough corn for the five of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment