Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Thanks for reading....

I gotta say to everyone, thanks for reading my blog. When I started this adventure, I was telling my husband that since I read a lot of blogs, I should start one and see how it goes. It was a little project to keep me accountable, something I would have access to when I needed some motivation to keep my head up and keep going. I just want to say thanks for reading.

I mentioned to someone the other day that I was "tired", and wishing that my mortgage was paid off. The person I mentioned this to was not very empathetic, knows the family, and understands that my husband does not work. There's five of us, three cats, and a dog....life gets hard sometimes.

I work three 12 hour shifts in a row, all nights, get paid every two weeks (YEAH it's tomorrow ASAP after clocking out in the AM), and I manage with my obligations and am disciplined for the most part. The person I mentioned this to was responding to me in such a way that I was taken back, as they are supposed to be my friend. I was told "A lot of people would like to have a mortgage, and be in your shoes, so stop complaining". WOW!!! Really, I was amazed.

Let me put it to you this way. I am tired because I work hard, keep my family going, make sure that the kids are taken care of, and that my husband is able to maintain his mental health without having any schitzophrenic moments (meds are very expensive, but work wonders). Yes, he does stay home to care for the kids when I'm working. He does clean up the house, makes dinner occasionally, washes clothes, etc etc etc when I'm working. Our lively hood depends on my income!!

When I am off work, we do things together. We clean the house, make meals, have time with each other and the kids, and we do go on dates (even if it's to a walk downtown). My friend spends a lot of her money. She is only supporting herself, as her kid is gone and living on her own. She's not married, and lives with several four legged babies.

Empathy form my friend, non existent....

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog. It is nice to see other people trying to become debt free also. Most of our friends and family think we are nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa. I've heard from a few of my friends about my lifestyle. They tell me, well, it's only money, and going out for family events are expensive. I agree that they are expensive, but they don't always have to be. My husband used to complain a lot, but he's been on this path with me for a while. Sometimes he objects, but overall, the phone does not ring any more from bill collectors. It's nice to have some extra cash to do things, and I'm hoping that at some point when my mortgage is paid, I will be able to work part time. Not everyone is on the same path, and that's ok. I hear negative comments from my Mom too, BTW she is in some serious debt and behind on her mortgage something awful.

    ReplyDelete