Sunday, August 4, 2013

Frugal Day

So, I had a frugal and productive day. I've used a few things that were lingering around in the kitchen. I used up the blueberry/blackberry container of fruit, lingering garden veggie spaghetti sauce, motzerella cheese, and various baking supplies (flour, yeast, sugar, oil, salt), a few eggs, and even used up some reconstituted dry milk.

Now, I still have some baking supplies, and reconstituted milk in the pantry.

I went to the store and bought the following:
one gallon of skim milk 3.59
2 marked down boxes mac and cheese for the kids .99 each
7 count marked down package of pork chops (bone in) 5.27 or 1.49 lb (for the freezer, plan on using in September if possible)
loaf of sliced white bread 1.07

Total of 12.57.
I have 300.00 dollars for the month of August. I would like to be able to stretch this amount as far as possible. Meaning that I keep myself out of the stores as much as possible.

I have 287.43 left for August.

No comments:

Post a Comment