Sunday, August 25, 2013

8/25 dinner

We are going to have home made Belgian waffles with real blueberries tonight. This will hopefully finish up the fruit, flour, some of the veggie oil, and the last of the pancake syrup. These items have been lurking, and I want to finish them up to get them out of the pantry. I don't want to throw them away.

Original recipe makes 6 servings

 2 eggs
 2 cups all-purpose flour  (I have self rising)
 1 3/4 cups milk   (I will use powdered milk)
 1/2 cup vegetable oil
 1 tablespoon white sugar
 4 teaspoons baking powder  (Don't use this, as I have self rising flour)
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment