Monday, August 26, 2013

8/26 dinner

Night two of four at work in a few hours, and the kids went back to school today. We need a quick dinner, with little prep time.

I'm steaming black beans and rice, and cutting up two "chicken apple sausages" to add to the rice mixture. This will help stretch it out to feed the five of us, and I will make a small salad to help fill everyone up.

BTW, the kids packed lunches today for school. We were buying for a very long time, but I went to the store yesterday and bought a few containers of lunch meat, sliced cheese, bread....and they even packed water bottles. Life is good. Hopefully this continues.

2 comments:

  1. on my blog tomorrow there is a recipe for sausage risotto all made in the microwave oven. Your supper sounds good also.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tend to love "sausage"....I am not sure what riscotto is. I will have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete