Monday, August 19, 2013

8/19 dinner

It's been a few days since we had a "meat" dinner. So tonight's the night. My husband bought a beef chuck roast (a week or two ago, he sells things on the internet, then uses the cash to buy things) not to long ago. A pretty priced one too. This wasn't on the mark down self in the meat counter. The sticker said 9 dollars and some odd change. YIKES!!

Well, I put six thin carrots, two stalks of celery, the last two potatoes, a packet of lurking onion soup mix, and the roast in the crock pot. I added some pepper, garlic, thyme, and rosemary to it.
We have some green leaf lettuce, a few grape tomatoes, and a small bit of cucumber left. I will make a small salad to go with it, and steam some peas (frozen).

Dinner will be done at 4, just enough time to get Sarah from her classes at LFCC, and for me to get up and moving for work tonight.


2 comments:

  1. Haven't had a roast in a while. Usually buy the cheap roasts for $2 a pound and put in the slow cooker with a can of cola and onion soup mix. Makes the best gravy ever.

    Gill, your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gill. I have never tried a can of soda in my slow cooker roast. We usually buy ours on the mark down shelf at the local store. This one was an ooops that my husband bought.

    ReplyDelete