Monday, August 5, 2013

Dinner 8/5

I still have ground beef in the fridge from when I made meat balls the other night. I'm going to make a Shepard's pie this morning to serve for dinner tonight. Since I am working, this is an easy prep ahead meal.

I am go cook the ground beef with half an onion, some soy sauce (those take out packets remember) and two cloves of garlic. I will drain this into a container in my fridge to harden (I don't drain meat into the kitchen sink, it will clog the drains). When the fat hardens, it goes into the trash and out to the landfill. After this cooks, and drains, I will put it into a casserole dish. I have half a bag of corn opened in the freezer that I will use to place over the ground beef. I will boil a few potatoes and them hand mash them to place on top of the corn. I will add some spices (basil, paprika, onion and garlic powder), and top with some cheese (I think all I have is sliced, in which case, I won't top it). I will bake this in the oven at 325 for an hour until it's warmed up. We will have a small salad on the side (the last of the green leaf lettuce, some grape tomatoes, a small amount of sliced onion, and some shredded carrot).

No comments:

Post a Comment