Thursday, August 29, 2013

Life

Ever get the feeling that maybe things can work out in your favor? I feel that some costs are getting higher, containers are getting smaller, and things just don't seem to stretch like they used to. I'm glad that I have a savings account (which I am using some of the cash to get the store, and put gas in the car), and can maintain my family on what I am able to provide.

But sometimes, life is rough. Life tends to get the best of you and rocks you to your core. My sister asked me to borrow money (an unknown amount), and asked that I send a check to her. I told her that I would send the check to one of her creditors, landlord, or who ever, but I wasn't going to send it directly to her. I don't know where or what the situation is, but I am not going to send money to someone and not be able to account for it. This has caused a huge uproar in my family. I had told my sister that she would have to pay it back within 90 days.

I am not made of money. I live a life that is sustainable and maintains a certain life style. My family is upset with me. But none of them are able to assist. I feel that if we all worked together, that we could have come up with a plan.

I don't feel that I was wrong in my offer to send the cash to one of her creditors/land lord/ monthly obligations. For the record, I did offer to send a grocery gift card, but was told "Food is not a priority".




4 comments:

  1. stick to your guns here regardless of what the family say. You are right, they are wrong.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My Mother is made several comments to me over my cell phone. I have to think about my husband and kids first. I wouldn't mind sending some cash to her creditors, but since she wanted it in her name, I am not able to. I have to stand by my personal boundaries and virtue/values.

      Delete
  2. You did the right thing. Never give someone cash. If she doesn't want a grocery card there is a problem.

    ReplyDelete