Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2nd meal

I am off work tonight since I was asked to work Thursday for critical need. The ICU was shirt staffed, so I went in as extra hands, and was given tonight off in exchange. It was a win win, I'm a bit tired.

I got off work this morning, clocked out, and made the 40 minute commute home. I went to bed at 9 and woke up at 3 this afternoon. We had a plan for dinner.

I had some brown rice and black beans that I bought in bulk a while ago. I had about a cup of this left and put it in the steamer with 2 cups of water. It steamed until it was cooked and finished. I browned a lb of ground turkey and added some taco seasoning to this. I had a package of ten soft tortilla shells, lurking sour cream in the fridge, and about 4 ounces of hard cheddar cheese. I grated the Cheddar cheese in my blender, and found some last bit of chunky salsa in the fridge.

I put everything in separate bowls and placed it on the dining room table. We let the kids pick and choose what to fill their soft tacos with. We had taco meat, sour cream, some cheddar, salsa, brown rice and black beans. We had steamed mixed veggies on the side.

We used things that needed to go, promoted a no waste meal, and it filled up teen bellies with protein packed foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment