Monday, August 4, 2014

My kid's birthday

Yesterday was my son's birthday. He's a special ed kid with autism and he's 16!!! He is at a developmental stage of 8 or 9 and years behind typical kids.

Our kids get to pick and choose what they want to do for their birthday. They are all teenagers and out of the stage where mom and dad decide what they will do for their big day.

My son wanted to see Guardians of the Galaxy at the theater and go to Chuck E Cheese for pizza and games. So, we saw the movie, bought popcorn and soda. After the movie, we went to Chuck E Cheese, ordered 2 pizzas, drinks, and salad bar. My son got tokens to play the games.

We went home to cake and ice cream. The cake was bought at the discount outlet all ready made. We went to the dollar store to get him a pinata and filled it with generic M&M candy. He got a gift certificate to Mc Donalds for 10 dollars.

Overall, it was about 130 dollars to celebrate his big day. He told me on the way home "It was the best day ever Mom". I worked overtime last week and budgeted the cash for his birthday celebration.

So worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment