Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What's been cooking...

I got home from work yesterday morning and went right to bed after having a cup of tea. I did not pass go or collect 200 dollars. I was tired. I woke up at 3 in the afternoon. I was off last night.

At 6:30 pm, we still did not have a plan for dinner. My special ed kid was complaining, my full time worker DD was out at a movie with a friend, and my middle DD was watching television. My husband didn't have any ideas. I was too tired to worry about it. So, I made the kids and DH some scrambled eggs (two per person) and had sausage patties from Aldi in the freezer. I cooked one per person in the microwave. Scrambled eggs, sausage, and hot chocolate. That was dinner.

I had five chicken thighs that I put in the fridge on Sunday from the freezer. This morning they were thawed and I put some "garlic and herb" marinade on them from Aldi. I will bake these in the oven until cooked, and steam some veggies. We have green beans and corn that the kids would enjoy. We don't have any rice, potatoes, pasta, so it's meat and veggies tonight. Not to bad, gives us a break from the heavy meals.


No comments:

Post a Comment