Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What's been happening...

Working. All weekend. Four nights in a row, Thursday evening until Monday morning. I've had enough with the overtime. I did pick up one extra shift in August. I have NONE for the month of July.

I made chicken soup on Friday. We had some of it then, and we heated more of it up for Saturday's dinner. I took it to work. We have one large margarine container of it still. I put it in the freezer for another time.

Sunday my husband made pasta and garlic marinara (using jar stuff from Dollar Tree). It was pretty good. He put parmesan cheese on it, and offered some italian bread. I had the pasta and sauce, but passed on the bread. I took pasta to work on Sunday for my lunch.

Monday's dinner was scrambled eggs, shredded hash browns, and half bagel per person. The eggs were basic scrambled. I put the shredded hashbrowns in the oven, with some real butter, onion powder, garlic powder, and parsley. I let them bake for a while at 350. The kids had the choice of peanut butter, cream cheese, or real butter on their bagels. My dd and ds had peanut butter, my oldest dd had cream cheese. My dh had cream cheese, I had butter on mine.

I put a small pork roast in the crock pot this morning, with a jar of german style sauerkraut bought a while ago from Aldi. This is going to be dinner tonight, with some mashed potatoes (I have ten very small potatoes left that need to be used. I will use reconstituted milk, garlic powder, and real butter to mash them), and a small salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickles).

I have hung one load of laundry up outside to dry. We may get some rain, so I have more laundry to get finished today. I may just hang them up on the hall on my drying rack.

There's a lot of recycling to get to the recycling center. Our bucket is overflowing. We have a huge trash can on the deck that is filled with crushed soda cans. My DH needs to take the cans to the metal place and sell them back. They buy aluminum cans at 67 cents a pound. It's a few bucks, but it will pay for his soda habit. We had two free cases of soda coupons get mailed back to us. We participate in the coke rewards program.


2 comments:

  1. The Coke Rewards program is great and I recently used it to get free tickets to the AMC chain of movie theaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool. I use the rewards program to help support my husband's soda habit.

    ReplyDelete