Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What's been cooking????

I work weekends and don't post much during that time. I had to look back on my blog to see where I left off.

On Saturday, we had hot pockets for dinner. My husband bought some and he didn't want to cook.

Sunday, my DH made chili. We had everything in the pantry to make it, but he figured that we didn't have the ingredients, so he bought and paid for everything with his money (we have separate checking/savings. I don't include what he pays for in the monthly budget, since it's a rare event he buys groceries). There's one bowl of chili in the fridge for my DD to take to work.

Monday my DD got paid at her job. She bought Burger King. UGGGGG. I can't eat that stuff.

Today, we are having BLT and potato salad. I had some lurking celery stalks (included leaves), a bit of sharp cheddar cheese, some paprika, parsley, potatoes, mayo, half a lurking onion from the chili my DH made, and three eggs. It all became potato salad. Our BLTS are going to use up the last of the lettuce, three tomatoes, and a pound of bacon, and the last three onion rolls, and six slices of honey wheat bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment